Thursday 4 July 2013

Nyx blusher in Pinched

 

I love pink blushers and one day while browsing the Nyx counter at Clicks, I discovered this blusher. Pinched is a pink blusher, with a bit of a peach undertone and a light golden shimmer. It is considered to be a dupe for the iconic Nars Orgasm blusher (which isn't available in South Africa, to the best of my knowledge, and thus this dupe alert is only based on what I've read and seen online).

Although the glitter looks quite large here, it's actually small

The texture is good: it is not at all powdery and there is minimal fallout when using it. It is well pigmented and thus needs to be applied with a light hand. I have found it appropriate for everyday wear as the shimmer is quite subtle. I find the colour lasts for at least 6-8 hours (I tend to touch my face a lot. I know I know, bad for the skin and all that. So longevity on my skin is perhaps less than average).

Top: Straight out the pan; Bottom: Blended out

Although the glitter looks large in the above few photographs, it really isn't! In fact it is definitely more of a shimmer than glitter. It seems the lighting caused the camera to catch the glitter and somehow make it appear enlarged.

As you can see from the above swatch, Nyx pinched can come off quite red or highlight the red tones in some people's faces, so best to swatch in the shop and check that first! I find swatching blushers on the back of the hand and also the inner arm is best. The back of your hand will show you how the blusher will interact with the red in your skin and the inner arm reveals the colour it is more likely to be on your cheek. I recommend allowing the blusher some time to "develop" on your skin - so don't judge the colour immediately; give it a few minutes.

Nyx blushers are available exclusively at Clicks for R89,99 and contains 4g of product.

No comments:

Post a Comment