Tuesday 2 July 2013

Essence quattro: To Die For


If you are looking for a good neutral palette ideal for traveling, you need look no further than Essence's quattro eyeshadow in 05 To Die For. I am always hesitant to take expensive make up on trips for fear it might get broken in transit, but as this mini palette is only R39,99 and comes in quite sturdy plastic packaging, those fears are no more. As you can see, this palette has received some love from me.



The quad consists of four shades: a champagne highlight shade, a soft light peach lid shade, a medium brown and a slightly darker matte brown. These are shades many would already have amongst their make up but the convenience of having them all in one small package that can be tucked into your handbag or luggage means this quad is well worth buying.

I find these shadows are not quite as good quality as some of  Essence's single eyeshadows. The lighter shades may need to be built up a little but the darker shades are very pigmented. I tend to use these eyeshadows with a primer if possible (when tested on my hand, the peach shade over a primer was actually quite difficult to wash off without make up remover. Although, that may speak more to the primer than the eyeshadow...).
 I apologise for the blurry quality. The peach colour is less red-toned in real life and the champagne colour is slightly more cream coloured.

I am able to use the darker matte brown as an eyebrow shade and it's possible to use the darker colours as subtle eyeliners. When I travel, I simply use this quad and mascara and occasionally an eyeliner and that's my eye make up done, no matter the occasion.This quad is also ideal for those who are just starting to wear make up and who need a subtle and inexpensive palette to experiment with.

No comments:

Post a Comment