Sunday 14 July 2013

Essence skeye and sand: dupe for Mac Coppering/Nyx Copper?

Source: essence website

Recently I've decided my eye make up looks have been a bit too cool-toned for my skin and when looking online, I was immediately attracted to certain eye looks which happened to include Mac coppering in them. I found out Nyx copper was considered a dupe for Mac Coppering and, as my nearest Clicks didn't have it, I braved the big bad busy shopping mall (on the last day of school holidays nogal!) to go and find it (the things I do for make up!).

After securing the last Nyx copper eyeshadow I proceeded to browse the essence stand...and discovered the gem single eyeshadow (65) called skeye and sand. It looked like it was in the right colour range to help me to achieve the look I was going for. So I swatched it alongside Nyx copper and lo and behold, it is very similar...which means it should be similar to Mac coppering. Of course I bought the essence shadow (and saved myself R60!) and rushed home to tell you about it - which is why I'm only using a stock photo from the essence website! I'll put a proper review on once I've used it for a while. 

In the meantime:
For swatches see Call of Beauty
For some looks with this eyeshadow, see Looks like Valerie and Blush Rush
Unfortunately all of those sites are in German, but at least they have some great pictures and beautiful looks.

Does anyone have Mac coppering and want to compare it to essence skeye and sand for us?


No comments:

Post a Comment