Wednesday 19 June 2013

Catrice Bricky Mouse

Catrice recently relaunched their nailpolish collection. I literally had to get my hands on some new shades (which I'd been hearing about online for months) as soon as they were unpacked from the box at the shop! Bricky Mouse was my first purchase and has quickly become a favourite. Other polishes which caught my eye were The Monkey Gets Funky and Squeeze Me.

Bricky Mouse is a dusty pink with an almost brick-red undertone. It has subtle gold sparkles in it which are not visible on the nail unless closely inspected in sunlight/direct light. The colour looks quite pink in the photo but in reality it is slightly more brick-hued. I think this a lovely, pretty everyday type shade and I find myself reaching for it often.

(Please excuse the messy nail painting! Essence
Better Than Gel Nails Top Sealer as top coat)

I didn't have any problems with the formula or application of Bricky Mouse - I just tend to be a messy painter!

It's worth mentioning that there have been some problems with the caps of the new range of Catrice nailpolishes. If you treat the cap gently (which I didn't do with my first bottle of Bricky Mouse!) it will be fine. The problem with the caps does not seem to be specific to any particular colour.

Which of the new Catrice nailpolishes caught your eye?

 

2 comments:

  1. I love Catrice nail polishes! I haven't checked out their new shades yet but one of my favourite shades is Welcome to Roosywood which is a darker version of Bricky Mouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Welcome to Roosywood too and I love it! Bricky Mouse seems rather warmer and more red-toned though, yes?

    ReplyDelete